June 6, 2017
New in Dr.Web for UNIX mail servers:
- A brand-new architecture— now, instead of integrating with mail servers, the product interacts with them using standard mail server services (Milter, Spamd, Rspamd);
- The product can now be transparently integrated with communication channels that use the standard protocols SMTP, POP3 and IMAP (this mode is only available under GNU/Linux);
- Unwanted incoming email content is now stored in a separate password-protected archive instead of the quarantine;
- A native control web interface has replaced Webmin;
- OpenLDAP and Active Directory service information can now be used in mail filtering rules;
- Product status statistics and important event notifications (e.g., regarding blocked emails) can now be sent over SNMP;
- The Clamd module can now be used to scan messages on mail servers that do not use Milter/Spamd/Rspamd;
- Sender/recipient address validation over DNSxL.
New in Dr.Web Anti-virus for Linux:
- Email received via IMAP(S)/POP3(S) is now scanned.
- Email received via SMTP(S) is now scanned.
June 1, 2017
- License key files can now be updated automatically;
- In the Dr.Web Control Center, the preventive protection and agent settings can now be accessed in different sections;
- Agent entries in the anti-virus network tree can now be sorted by various criteria;
- Some anti-virus network tree data is now exportable;
- A server performance issue, which arose if updates were being distributed between agents, has been resolved;
- An error that could prevent new hosts from being approved to connect to the Dr.Web Server has been corrected;
- Also eliminated was a problem resulting in an error when large files were loaded and unloaded via Dr.Web Control Center's Repository Contents and Quarantine sections;
- The update also corrects an error that occurred while the number of hosts on the anti-virus network was being determined if the corresponding request had been sent via Dr.Web API—particularly when transmitting data to the Dr.Web Mobile Control Center.
Dr.Web Enterprise Proxy:
- An issue that prevented an ID-less agent from installing if Dr.Web Enterprise Proxy was operating under high load;
- RAM usage during the launch of the proxy server has been reduced;
- Also eliminated was a defect that prevented version 6 agents from establishing a connection via the proxy server.
- Compatibility with Windows 10 Creators Update has been introduced;
- The components have been upgraded to the current version.
The updated Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite is available through the Dr.Web Control Center web interface, where it will appear as an update dated 11.05.2017. The updated distribution files can also be downloaded from Doctor Web's site.
May 15, 2017
Tweaks made to the Dr.Web Light for Android interface make it even more user-friendly. Now the application uses a single event window in which all threat notifications are displayed.
Furthermore, version 10 is equipped with a new anti-virus engine and enjoys enhanced malware detection.
For better troubleshooting, the application now also collects and logs additional information.
Dr.Web Light for Android will be updated to version 10.0 automatically for users. If automatic updates are disabled on your device, you need to go to Google Play, choose Dr.Web Light on the application list, and click "Update."
April 27, 2017
A connectivity issue on protected computers involving certain remote banking applications and Outlook Express has been eliminated.
The update will be performed automatically; however, a system reboot will be required.
April 25, 2017
The new brochure ďConfigure Dr.Web to protect your computer from encryption ransomwareĒ discusses how to configure your Dr.Web anti-virus in order to protect your system from becoming corrupted by a Trojan.Encoder program. After all, according to a new Doctor Web policy, free recovery of corrupted files is only available to owners of active commercial licenses if they comply with the new terms and if all the necessary Dr.Web settings were enabled at the time of the incident.
By following our simple instructions, every Dr.Web license owner will be able to use the latest Dr.Web anti-virus technologies in the most effective way possible and keep their data from becoming corrupted by encryption malware.
March 28, 2017
Currently, encryption ransomware remains one of the most severe threats on the World Wide Web, and the number of victims requesting assistance from the Dr.Web support service is steadily growing. Although some Dr.Web anti-virus products incorporate features that provide protection against encryption ransomware and enable users to recover corrupted files, many owners of Dr.Web licenses do not use them, thus reducing the probability of having their files recovered successfully—this is very apparent to the support engineers who examine the Dr.Web logs attached to data-recovery requests.
Therefore, Doctor Web has amended its data recovery policy, which previously allowed all users who purchase commercial Dr.Web licenses to enjoy free decryption of their corrupted files. From now on, free data recovery is only available to users of commercial Dr.Web licenses provided that the Dr.Web components responsible for reducing the risk of Trojan.Encoder-caused infections were properly configured and running at the moment of infection.
The Doctor Web webpage about encryption ransomware now also features a list of reasons why the company can refuse free data recovery requests from users who have purchased commercial licenses for Dr.Web Anti-virus and Dr.Web Security Space. Those whose requests have been declined will instead be offered the option to purchase Dr.Web Rescue Pack which incorporates a decryption utility.
Dear Dr.Web Users! Today an anti-virus alone cannot provide sufficient protection against encryption ransomware. You need our comprehensive security solutions: Dr.Web Security Space , which incorporates Preventive Protection technologies as well as the Data Loss Prevention component, or Dr.Web Desktop Security Suite which includes our Comprehensive Protection license as well as the subscription package Dr.Web Premium. If for some reason you bought a license for just the anti-virus, you can upgrade it to enjoy comprehensive protection.
|Home license upgrade—free of charge for up to 5 PCs or at the renewal price||Business license upgrade—at a renewal discount|